Hey all!
Its been a long while since I've updated my blog, so here I am, back to update the blog. Today I'm gonna write about some of my personal concerns and let some negativity out of my head. The GCE-A Levels will start in November, 4 months from now and my preliminary exams are in about 5 to 6 weeks time. However, my recent results have been really bad because first of all, I do not have any content in my mind, and this A-Level course is an extremely heavy content based course, so in other words, I'm in deep trouble. Another thing is that, no matter how i study, I have no idea on how to get that information into my head because nothing ever goes in. Whenever I start studying, I do not even know how to start. This causes me to procrastinate, and well, let my grades drop even further. I guess at this moment of time, what's done is already done. There's no use in thinking about the past or the future, but focus on the current moment and do what I can do in order to change the current situation I'm in. I think I'll have to take baby steps, start from the bottom again, slowly, and move up. I'm sure that I can do this, because I've done it before not only for studies, but for my bowling and golf, too. It's the process that counts. There are many ways to get there, no matter how long I take, and most importantly, as long I do not give up,
Studies aside, I spent 9 days of my June school holidays in Taiwan! Most of the trip was mainly sitting in the car, travelling from city to city though :/. So much for expecting a fun time... I managed to visit Taipei, Taichung, Tainan (YAY Tuzyu's hometown >,<), Hualian, Kenting, Kaohshiung. and some other small towns. The highlight of the trip was definitely Taipei 101, it still looks the same compared to the last visit I had 6-7 years ago, memories much. Another highlight was visiting the Dream Mall in Kaohsuing, one of the biggest malls in East Asia, not to mention I got myself a pair of long golf pants (Under Armour =D) that costs me $132 SGD, thanks to my dad for working so hard to earn money for the family, if not I would never be able to get a chance to have all these luxuries. Last but not least, I visited a shop called Black Tomato Steak at Ximending, Taipei, the waiter there was so hilarious! The way he explained the menu was so efficient and did not waste any time at all in helping me decide what I should have for dinner, best part was, he gave me the shop's name card and told me this in Mandarin : If you bring your girlfriend here the next round, I'll reserve the whole of the second floor for you and I won't tell your parents! Also, keep the name card as an safety charm (保安品), heck he got me and my dad laughing like hell.
Okay, till next time then, until I have stuff to write, or some emotions to let out... Cheers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment