Wednesday, 13 April 2016

A Note To Myself

I've always tried to help my friends whenever they need advice or help, but there's one person whom I gave advice to, where the advice was not a normal friend to friend kind of advice, but it was advice to a special someone that I really wanted to see her efforts and hard work pay off. Today, I would like to take a look back at the advice I gave her back then, and try to implement it to my own life, because these last few months of mine was really really s**ty and mainly because I kept lementing on how bad my situation was, but not trying to find the solution, like how I tried my best to find a solution for her. Back then, the advice I gave her was : you may have put in the effort, but the results dosent show. Maybe it's because you used the wrong method? How about looking back at how you prepared for this certain exam, and then see what went wrong that caused you to not do well despite all the efforts, why is it that you can learn a certain subject so well, but don't get any single bit of another? And when we talked about the aspect of parents stressing us out, Teachers stressing out and we ourselves stressing ourselves out, my advice was : they are stressing you out not because they intended to stress you out, but it's because they care, and they feel that what you're doing now may not be the best for you from their perspective. It's up to you if you would like to accept their advice, and if you think it will make you a better person, take it. We aren't living in a world of perfect, where stuffs always go your way. Sometimes, even when stuffs never go your way or how you expected it to be, you got to look back and ask yourself, is there anything that I could have done better? Was that the best I could have done given the circumstances back then? If your answer is yes, you should happily accept the result despite the failure, because there's nothing else you can do since you tried your best. If your answer is no, on the other hand, find out what's preventing you from doing the best you could given that circumstances and see how you can fix it. But if you're best is not enough, don't feel worthless, don't feel like you're stupid or anything, it's because you will most probably have done better than many others, and be in the top percentile. Although i was thinking about that special person abit while typing this, I think it's wee time that I should apply this advice I gave and I have to myself, because I already knew what to do, but I didn't use it on myself, and could still give this answer to that person. It's time for me to reflect, and read this particular post whenever I feel down, to see the advice I gave her, and also the advice I should be giving to myself, so I won't be defeated even if I fall over and over again. Peace out. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment